MESERETI CENTRE FOR CAPACITY DEVELOPMENT
Capacity building is the engine of human development. It is in appreciation of this fact that Mesereti International directors established a Mesereti Centre for Capacity Development (MCCD) – also called the Centre – with the primary notion that people are best empowered to realise their full potential when the means of development are sustainable – that is, they are broad based, result oriented, home grown and long term with on-going learning and adaptation.
MCCD is essentially a hybrid entity that is both a service provider and a lobbying facilitator.
An institution of choice on capacity development in the fields of enterprise systems engineering, productivity improvement and growth, management and enhancement of resource as well as operational efficiency
MCCD’s mission is to provide capacity development services in the fields of enterprise systems engineering, productivity, and resource as well as operational efficiency for business enterprises, public institutions and organised civil society formations.
· Team work
With regards to the fields of enterprise systems engineering, productivity, and resource as well as operational efficiency the objectives are:
· Multi-disciplinary capacity development including skills development
· Engage in partnership building for knowledge production through, inter alia, research, development and innovation
· Collaborate on programmes and projects
· Facilitate research development and innovation
· Facilitate stakeholder engagements
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
The Centre aims to provide products and services in the following areas:
1. Skills development
2. Research Development and Innovation
3. Mentorship and Coaching
4. Stakeholder engagement
5. Monitoring and Evaluation
6. Training and General Course Development
As part of products and services the following shall be integrated:
1. Workplace-based training
2. Site visits
3. Exchange programmes
4. Online and Distance Learning and Training
5. Outreach work
6. Information sharing: Compilation of developments, trends and patterns in productivity and resource as well as operational efficiency for members and clients
7. Research and Development
PROGRAMMES AND PROJECTS
The Centre shall mainly focus on programmes and projects based on the above products and services as well as the needs of the clients.
Inter alia, COURSE DEVELOPMENT will focus on:
1. Certified Productivity Artisans
2. Certified Productivity Engineering Technicians
3. Certified Productivity & Efficiency Artisans
4. Certified Productivity & Efficiency Engineering Technicians
The Centre shall endeavour to appoint the following managers, depending on availability of funds:
1. Managing Director
2. Research Manager
3. Operations Manager
4. As well as other requisite personnel based on the needs for the Centre at a particular period.
The Centre shall hold Tri-Annual meetings that will appoint a Board of Directors which, in turn, shall be responsible for the establishment of the Management Committee.
INITIAL BOARD OF DIRECTORS
1. SISA NJIKELANA
- Mainly an entrepreneur
- Senior Policy Advisor & Industry Specialist for Industrial Energy Efficiency Project at NCPC(Dti)-GEF-UNIDO partnership
- Senior Policy Advisor – Ethicore
- Research fellow at CCRED – University of Johannesburg.
- Former Chairperson of SAIPPA.
- Former MP(2004 to 2014), Chairperson of the Portfolio Committee on Energy, as well as active in various parliamentary committees.
- Councillor: Eastern Metro Local Council – Greater Johannesburg Metro Council from 1995 to 1998 – responsible for Urban Planning and Development.
- Sits on a few boards as an executive and non-executive director.
- Diploma in Applied Social Studies: Ruskin College, Oxford University .
- Certificate in Leadership Communication from Rhodes University.
2. OLUYOMI AJAYI
• 25 years experience as Industrial and Systems Engineer
• Involved in Business Process Re-Engineering and Supply Chain Optimisation – Netherlands, Italy, Nigeria & SA
• Core Competencies:
o Operations Management
o Lean and Six Sigma Design and Implementation
o Lean Supply Chain Management
o Supply Chain Risk Management
o Quality Systems Design and Implementation
o Information Systems Design
o Energy Management
o Innovation and Technology Management
o Research and Development
o Industrial Engineering (IB) – B.Sc
o Industrial Engineering (WITS) – M.Sc
o Industrial and Systems Engineering (UP) – Ph.D
3. KWENZEKILE KHUZWAYO
· Bachelor of Technology Degree: ML Sultan Technikon
· National Diploma in Human Resources: Mangosuthu Technikon
· Certificate in Project Management:
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP: Member of Institute of Personnel Management (SA)
COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
· Remuneration Systems and management
o Rewards, Benefits and Incentives
o Staff Costing & Salary Structuring
· Job Evaluation
· Performance Management
· Advanced Strategic Management,
· Advanced Personnel Management,
· Research Methodology
· Advanced Management of Training
· Organisational Behaviour and Advanced Industrial Relations
· Personnel Management
· Business Management
· Management of Training
· Working knowledge of the following legislation
o Basic conditions of Employment Act, 1997
o Skills Development Act
o Labour Relations Act, No. 66 of 1995
o Skills Development Levies Act, 1999
o Employment Equity Act, No 55 of 1988
· Analytical skills & Competences
o Analytical skills & Research skills
o Motivational skills
o Organisational & Planning skills
· Awarded a certificate for being the best contributing employee at Mangosuthu Technikon
· At Vaal University of Technology:
oPart of the Team that implemented the Performance Management system
oMember of Job Evaluation Committee
oMember of VUT Task team that was responsible for Harmonization of structures
oParticipated in a project that harmonised salary disparities
oParticipated in the drafting of policies
MANAGING DIRECTOR – MESERETI NTERNATIONAL
Cell: +27 72 474 9611
Fax: +27 86 427 7532